The Church was constructed in 1881 and the decision to demolish was a difficult one for the Parish Council and parishioners. Our brief was for a light, spacious building to be used by the community. This was achieved with an assembly hall, meeting room, kitchen, plant room, Sacristy and all mandatory facilities. The Church is elevated on the site and has its own car park. During construction, the parishioners and neighbouring St. Charles’ Roman Catholic School took a keen interest in the building and in the placing of a time capsule in the wall of the entrance lobby.